Saturday, May 10, 2008

Memphis' Favorite Mom

My mom was nominated by a friend for "Memphis' Favorite Mom" and won the grand prize!!! There were over 400 contestants and she won it! As most of you know my parents have done foster work since I was little and have had over 60 children in our home, some for days, some for years. Some she still takes in several times a year when their parents need a break. My mom also would take anyone in her home if they needed it and is always volunteering her childcare services with a smile. She is appreciated by many and I am glad to call her my mom. She truly deserves the award!

This is after we SURPRISED her to get her to the florist so that they could present her with the award. She won a package of gift certificates, some random gifts and a flower arrangement delivered to her door every month of the year!


This is my family after she received the award (excluding my brother Matt who couldn't be there)

The Lemonds family

This is my mom's friend Rachel who nominated her for the award. What a great friend!

We love you mom! Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Memphis had this one right on - Jane Nason gets our vote!!!! :) Happy Mother's Day!

    Heather & Paul Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd & Terri Mallory agree 100%, she's been a surrogate Mom to our 3boys for years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my momma! Just in case you didn't know!

    ReplyDelete