Thursday, May 1, 2008

Everything is Meaningless

I wanted to share something with you that the Lord shared with me this morning during my time with Him. As I was reading in Ecclesiastes, the theme of the whole book is that life is meaningless, useless, hollow, futile and vain if it is not rightly related to God. Only when based on God and his WORD is life worthwhile. I was reading specifically in chapter 2 which is titled, "Pleasures are Meaningless" and the Lord spoke to me about the "things" I fill my day with.

"I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor. Yet when I surveyed all my hands had done and what I toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun." Ecclesiastes 2:10-11

What is the motivation behind the things that you will do today? Is it just routine or have you 1)thanked the Lord for allowing you to wake up this morning and 2)given the day over to Him to do as HE pleases? Have you denied yourself today so that you live in the spirit and not the flesh? Is your routine today "meaningless" or will it glorify the Lord? I desire to glorify the Lord today in all the things on my "to do" list and in my daily routines, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment