Sunday, October 5, 2008

Yes WE ARE PREGNANT!

Yes we are pregnant and so excited...and YES it was planned.  I know we have led most people to believe that we were through...and thought we were.  Until just a couple of months ago and we started talking about it and had changed our minds.  Why not just one more?  The Lord has blessed us with the ability to conceive and He does tell us to be "fruitful and multiply" so we didn't want to miss out on a blessing.

On August 9th (my mom's birthday) Karis randomly asked me in the car one day, "Mom how do we get another baby in your belly?"  We had already been trying for 2 months so this was a shock to me that she was asking that.  I explained to her that if she wanted another baby in my belly, that she needed to pray and ask God to bless us with another one.  She did, that day in the car and several times since.  

I found out we were pregnant on a Wednesday while Jay was in India not to return until that Friday.  It was an emotional and shocking morning for me but I knew I could NOT tell anyone, especially since Jay didn't even know yet.  I went to work that day and 3 hours after I found out I was pregnant, found out my hours at work had been drastically cut. You can imagine how my emotions were going crazy!  And NO ONE had any idea what I was going through and I couldn't tell anyone.  To make the day even crazier, I started getting sick THAT DAY!  And have been every day since (which was week 3 1/2 I must add!).  I was sick with both of the others but not until week 6.  I guess that means this baby is growing like it should.  To make a long story short, it was a long 3 days until Jay got home.  Soon after he arrived, I revealed to him the news and of course he was thrilled.

We kept it a secret until yesterday when all of our family was here for Karis' birthday.  After she opened all of her gifts from family, I said, "Karis, come back to my room.  We have one more surprise."  When we got back to our room, Jay said, "Karis, do you remember how you prayed and asked God to give us another baby in mommy's belly?  Well God answered your prayers!"   She started grinning and jumping up and down.  I got out our ultrasound picture which you see below and she was so excited.  We told her she could go out and show the family a picture and tell them that she was going to be a big sister again and she ran in there and told them.  The family was thrilled and there were lots of tears shed!  Not even our family knew we were trying so they were really shocked!  I was so relieved to have it off my chest and no more secrets!!!
We went to the doctor on Friday, October 3rd and they gave us the due date of May 31st.  When they did the ultrasound realized we were farther along than we thought so they moved my due date up to May 22nd!  And we did confirm that there is just one in there! :)

We are so very thrilled and blessed that God allowed us another baby.  Now if I could just get over this sick phase....


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys. Children are amazing! Naomi had been wanting another sibling back in 2006 and Timoty and I were trying to have another one. She would pray almost every night for a new baby and one Sunday at church she told one of the girls that her mommy had a baby in her belly. A week later we found out we were pregnant. It was quite shocking that she knew I already had the baby in my belly. For reasons not known to us we lost that baby in an ectopic pregnancy. To this day Naomi says it was a girl and knows that baby is Heaven. I wish you all the best and hope the sickness leaves you soon.
    Sarah Blankeship
    http://countrygirlsarah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Congrats to you and your family, Amanda!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! What a wonderful surprise. You have been truly blessed by the Lord to have another beautiful child! I am excited for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to get the story and so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant to come comment a while ago, but haven't had time. CONGRATULATIONS!!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete