Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mom update

Well mom had her surgery yesterday and everything went smoothly.  She was there by 5:30 a.m. and was out of there by 11:30 a.m.  She even called me not long after it was over to let me know she was ok.  She slept most of the day yesterday I think and only had the "dry heaves" once.  They told her she would experience some stomach spasms but has yet to be sick and she said it hasn't been bad at all!  She keeps crossing her fingers hoping that the worst is not yet to come and she hasn't spoken too soon.  Her friends, Karen and Stephanie, on the other hand, have been sick a few times and aren't taking it so well.  Hopefully the worst of theirs is over as well and it will be uphill from now on out.  They still are on a liquid diet for 2 more weeks so I think they are quite hungry but I am sure they would rather be hungry than sick.  Keep checking Stephanie's blog because I am sure once there is an update....it will be quite amusing!

No comments:

Post a Comment