Friday, October 24, 2008

Today's random events....my energy is returning (for today anyway)!

We didn't even leave the house today, yet it seems there was still alot of random action to be had.

Due to alot of energy (determination really) I was able to clean my whole house!  This should call for a celebration because it REALLY needed it.  I even washed all of the sheets too!  And caught up on all the laundry....it has been weeks since I have been able to say this!

BUT...on the last step of my chore list, my vacuum cleaner started smoking terribly and almost caught on fire!!!! It was smoking so bad I had to run it outside because I really thought it would combust in flames!  It was a sight to see.  But thank goodness it did not and I think it is clogged.  I did TRY to take it apart and that is not happening so we will wait until Jay gets home to try to fix it so I can finish.  And aaaaahhhhh at last we will have a clean floor (and house) for a change!  

I am remembering  the delicious dinner as I type....one of my family's favorites...turnip greens, pinto beans and cornbread.  Some might think it is strange but the kids BEG for it!  Last night I cooked chicken spaghetti and although Karis loves it, she was disappointed because she wanted greens SOOOOO bad! Tonight she ate her helping, some of Jay's, and Brayden's leftovers.  I think she would eat a whole bowl all by herself!

I even had time after dinner to cut Brayden's hair and Karis and I had girl time and did pedicures!  :)

Jay is determined to get his first deer of the season (and we need it!) so he got up at 5:00 this morning and went and is now out again.  Hopefully he will not come in empty-handed this time!

Switching gears...On a serious note, I found out today that a friend of mine from a church I attended before Jay and I married (Hope Baptist) passed away yesterday.  He was a family man with a wife and 2 teenage/college daughters.  He was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer at the end of September and died a month and a day later.  I read up on his caring bridge site today and am amazed at how quickly his life was taken from him.  It is only by the grace and kindness of the Lord that will allow his family to endure this hard time.  I was in tears as I read his story, realizing that life is such a gift that we all take for granted.  Hug your family today and thank the Lord for His provision and grace in your life. You never know...it might your last.

We are up for a busy weekend including 2 birthday parties, a visit with a friend since childhood (Michelle Hardee Gilmore), our small group is meeting at our house and I have tickets to Carrie Underwood for Sunday night (a b-day present from my dear sweet brother Allen).  I hope my energy last through the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment