Friday, October 3, 2008

Dad's (Pop) Birthday Surprise

Tonight we went to dinner to celebrate my dad's birthday knowing that this would be a birthday he would never forget!  My brother, Jonathan, has been in Brazil since June and wasn't planning on returning until December.  Due to some circumstances, he decided to come on home to surprise my dad for his birthday.  So our whole family knew except for dad.  As we just sat down at Cracker Barrel, Jonathan calls (from my other brother's phone) and is talking like he is still in Brazil as he is walking over to the table.  He sits down next to dad and nudges him and dad is so shocked!  It was great and a tear-jerker for us all.  We were so glad to see him and I am sure it will be a birthday dad will never forget!  The kids were so excited to see their Uncle Jon-Jon!

We love you Jon-Jon and are so glad you are home...for a while anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment