Thursday, October 23, 2008

10 weeks

Well time is ticking and the baby is definitely growing. We are now 10 weeks and the pregnancy symptoms are still there...exhaustion and sickness off and on all day. I am learning to cope as I did with the other two of how to handle it although it is not fun. Anytime I feel the sickness coming on I have to stuff food in my mouth even if it the last thing in the world I want to do. With Karis my sickness lasted from 6 weeks-11 weeks, with Brayden it was from 6-17 weeks. This one started at 3 1/2 weeks so I am already ready for this to pass!!! Hopefully it won't be too much longer. I know my family will be glad for me to get back to my normal energy and we might have a clean floor for a change!

I am in the awkward stage right now where nothing in my wardrobe fits. The pants are too tight and I am having to use the ponytail holder to make them work. Then my shirts aren't long enough to cover it so it looks goofy. I tried on some maternity the other day and it literally fell off of me so that is not working either. If I could wear pajama pants everyday life would be good! Moms out there, you know the stage...where it looks like you are getting fat instead of growing a baby??? Yep that's it. I have only gained 1 lb. so far although it looks like about 10! I never have shown this soon before with the other two but I guess with the 3rd, my body knows what to do by now and it is doing it well!

I went to the doctor yesterday for my second visit and everything seemed to be progressing as normal. We heard the heartbeat for the 2nd time although I was expecting to not hear it just yet. My doctor warned me ahead of time, "Now I am not going to be concerned if we don't hear the heartbeat yet because usually you can't hear it on top of the belly until 11 weeks, but let's try and see." He was able to hear it immediately (and a strong one) and he replied, "Girl you are always good and pregnant!" I guess that is where all the sickness is coming from, huh?

The kids have been so sweet with this new growing baby. When I had Brayden, Karis was only 21 months so she was too young to enjoy me being pregnant and to understand what was going on. This time they are both very aware and say the sweetest things. Karis is VERY protective of my belly and doesn't want anything to touch it. She is even careful hugging me and then leans down and kisses my stomach and says, "I am sorry baby I squished you!" Brayden is also wanting to kiss the baby all the time and keeps saying, "Baby in there!" and "Baby come out?" Last time I asked, Brayden and Karis both think it is a girl. Who knows??? And we won't know this time until the baby arrives! How exciting!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting that you aren't going to find out until the baby arrives!!!

    ReplyDelete