Monday, August 25, 2008

Not playing hooky

Well it is the second day of MDO and Brayden is sick and he is definitely NOT playing hooky.  For two days now, he has had runny nose, cough, fever, and of course, breathing treatments every 4 hours around the clock.  It is sad that my (barely) 2 year old holds his own mask on his face and knows that he has to sit there until his treatment is over.  He just says, "Medicine."

On a side note, if you notice his blue pillow next to him....it is his new security.  He has always had a blanket with the same material that the pillow is made of, but recently mom found him a pillow like this.  He is ATTACHED to the thing.  He no longer wants the blanket but the pillow.  We only had one and I left it at school (on purpose) because that is where he most needs comforting.  I was hoping he wouldn't notice if he didn't see it laying around, but he did.  I have searched online trying to find more and my mom's friend told me she saw them at Costco.  So immediately she went and bought us some.  He was so excited.  They are great!  They are called Cuddly Comfort Pillows and you get two in a pack for $15.  It is the best $15 I have spent in a long time!

Since Brayden is sick and couldn't go to school today, Daddy took Karis to her 2nd day of school.  He surprised her with taking her on a Daddy/daughter date before school and took her to get donuts.  She was so excited!  She acts so grown up lately and just goes and gets dressed, eats her breakfast and tells me when it is time to do her hair.  She grabs her backpack and is ready to go.  She grabbed her backpack this morning and repeated what I had told her earlier, "This is MY responsibility."

1 comment:

  1. Amanda,
    I love Karis' comment "It is my responsibility" you can tell that her mommy is a teacher. Mitchell use to say things that would make me think "oh, no I am rubbing off on him" or "the teacher is coming out in me at home". I guess our jobs never end. Your kids are getting so big, time sure does fly by.

    ReplyDelete