Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Much needed respite

Last week was a whirlwind of a week and we were so busy and stressed with all that we have going on along with school starting and adjusting to new schedules.  The kids wanted to stay with Lolli for a few days so it has been a good mini-vacation for me to get some things done and to relax a little along with  spending time with Jay.

My birthday TDB coupon is about to expire so we decided to go for a last minute date night out for a belated birthday dinner.  It was yummy as always and a treat for us.  My favorite remains the salad and the garlic sirloin...YUM!

Today while Jay was at work I decided to use my Mother's Day gift certificate for a spa day at Gould's.  I never do these things for myself so it is nice to go and be pampered guilt-free.  It was perfect timing too after some really busy weeks....just what the doctor ordered. 

I am so thankful for gift certificates and I was given several Dunkin Donuts/Starbucks gift cards a while back and have yet to buy my own coffee there since.  It is such a treat and only something I do when I am out by myself.

Tonight Jay surprised me and told me to get in the car we were going to make a memory.  He took me to the famous Hollywood restaurant where the dill pickle originated and was referenced in the song "Walking in Memphis" by Mark Cohn.  Pretty neat!




Missing my kiddos but they seem to be having a ball as always...





Back to the grind tomorrow cleaning and getting the kids back to pick up on school where we left off!  Thankful for these small breaks from grandparents and will miss them one day when we don't have them anymore!  

No comments:

Post a Comment