Monday, August 5, 2013

First day of homeschool 2013

I am a little late in posting our first day of school pics but we started a new adventure, homeschool!  We were very pleased with our public school experience in the past and my kids learned so much.  However we will be moving soon and there will be lots of transition coming up so we decided since I am no longer working, I would homeschool them. 

 I have to say that I haven't always been 100% homeschool but I am learning to love it more and more each day.  I get to do devotions with them and pull in scripture while doing a math lesson...who knew?!  Their reading stories even have parallels to scripture and sometimes already include scripture.  I love teaching my children life lessons all day long and getting to spend the extra time that I wouldn't get if they were someone else's classroom.  I love the flexibility of getting to change things up if I want to, take a break and make sugar cookies, start when we want to, and even not do school one day if we feel its necessary.  We are done by lunch everyday and have the afternoon to do some much needed things around the house.  I know homeschooling isn't for everybody but I have grown to love it quickly!

This year Brayden is in the 1st grade and Karis is in the 3rd and I have even been doing preschool with Lucy since she will start Kindergarten next year.  

Brayden's 1st day of 1st grade
Teacher: Mom





1st day of 1st and 3rd grade

Karis' 1st day of 3rd grade
Teacher: Mom



 There have definitely been some transitions though.  I am having to teach them that even though it is at home, we still have to work and work hard.  I don't want them getting behind and although we can be more comfortable while doing work in our home, the work still has to get done.  There have been tears shed by all (me included) but there are just things we have to work through.  Overall, they have done great!


Story was here our first few days and even did some work with us!



We are loving our new adventure!  Hoping it is a great year for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment