Monday, September 8, 2008

It is getting better day by day...

Well today is the first day that Brayden has gone to school without MANY crocodile tears and the breaking of my heart as I turn and walk quickly out the door.  We have been going over and over the routine daily..."You are going to school today while mommy goes to work.  BUT I WILL BE BACK TO GET YOU.  You are not going to cry, you are going to be a big boy today."  He usually replies, "No cry.  I big boy.  I big boy."  He walked in today hand in mine (usually his head is on my shoulder and feet gripping my side like a monkey) and didn't have that "Oh my goodness you are leaving me" look.   He walked right in, helped me put his things in their place, and even told me bye.  He did have thumb in mouth, big tears in his eyes, but never actually cried.  This is BIG steps for us and I am so relieved.  He even said to me, "School is fun!"

_______________________________________________

On another note, Brayden has on an orange and white striped polo today and when he put it on this morning, he looked at his shirt and then looked at me grinning and said, "Like my daddys!"  It was so sweet.  I had to call Jay to tell him.  He is not in India yet...he had a layover in Atlanta most of the day but I will update when I know he is there.  He is on a plane right now to New York and then has a 20 hour flight to India.  I am glad I am not him right now!

_______________________________________________

Karis and Brayden are playing right now in her room as I am checking some emails and I just heard her saying, "Brayden come look at my dolls!"  I am sure he doesn't enjoy the dolls, just playing anything with Sissy will do I guess.  I heard him reply, "I play...minute...I pomise (promise)!"  I sure wish I could bottle these times!

No comments:

Post a Comment