Wednesday, September 10, 2008

God is so good!

I just got a call I have been waiting on for a long time!  My sister-in-law Jessica (Jay's sister) who just graduated high school has been going through some really hard times lately and we have been in close contact.  Jay and I have been praying that God would reveal Himself to her in a way that He has never done before and that (sorry Jessica) that He would strip away everything of hers that is of the world (material things, boyfriend, people) so that she would no longer be blinded by these things.  Through our recent conversations, she has been at a low like never before and we encouraged her to be in God's word all day long.  You see, she was trying to fill a void in her life with her boyfriend and "things."  It took God taking those things away for her to realize that the void in her life could ONLY be filled with the Father.  She told me that she has always questioned her salvation and just never knew for sure where she would spend eternity. Hoping, wishing, good deeds and praying to go to heaven won't get you there.  She finally realized this tonight.  She has gone to church all of her life....BUT THAT JUST WASN'T ENOUGH!  She was overwhelmed tonight with the realization  that she needed the Lord in her life and to come and take control of it.  She had faith that He was going to do that and He did.  He promises that "whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved."  And she did for the first time in her life.   She didn't call up on Him because she was scared of hell, or because she knew it was the "right" thing to do, but instead she called upon Him because of who He is.  He is worthy to be praised for everything that He is....period.  That in itself is enough.

She called me crying (she was so excited) saying, "Hey!  I just got saved!  I even physically feel like a weight has been lifted off of me and I am so happy!  I just want to run down the street asking people, 'Do you know the Lord?'"  The Lord has put some Godly girls in her path even just in the last 2 weeks that have been praying for her and she has grown up years just in the last 2 weeks.  I am so proud of her and am so excited to see what the Lord is going to do in her life.  

I can narrow down a time when I know the Lord came into my life and took over.  My life was forever changed.  What about you?  Have you been just living "religion?" Or what about the rituals and traditions that your parents passed down to you or doing the things you are "supposed" to do?  OR  Have you given your life over to the Lord and have a relationship with the Almighty God and allowed Him to mold you into who He wants you to be?  For me, I wouldn't trade anything for the relationship that I have with HIM!  And you?

God answered our prayer in Jessica tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment