Thursday, May 23, 2013

My last day of work, a SNAKE and Happy 2nd birthday Everett!

Wow didn't realize how long this post would be so bear with me!

Today is bittersweet....it is my last day of work (ever) and I am happy to become a stay-at-home mom and to be homeschooling my children in the Fall and spending more time taking care of my family.  Since I graduated college, there hasn't been a time I have been unemployed (except for summers).  I worked 6 years as a 6th/7th grade teacher, then 2 years as a part-time teacher for our county, then spent 4 years keeping children in my home.  I am happy to have contributed financially to help us get out of debt and now that is the case, I am thankful for this opportunity to trust the Lord with this chapter.  It is all out scary and exciting at the same time, but I know God has my days written in His book and He has promised to take care of us.  He has proven Himself faithful time and time again, and this time being no exception.  

BUT,  I will miss these sweet little ones I have treated as my own for some up to 3 years.  I have had some since birth and have watched them grow up over the years and have quickly become "Nana" to some.  They have a piece of my heart!  All year I have looked forward to this day as well as dreaded this day knowing there would be all kinds of emotions...and that rang true today as I watched them drive away. Rough I tell ya!

Being only a teacher inservice day (kids are already out) I had Karis and Brayden too, as well as our friend Trey who is also in Kindergarten totalling 9.  It was a crazy fun day!

Everett brought Brayden his bday present since they may not make the party this weekend.  Thanks Everett!

Brayden loves ANY excuse to use his pocket knife!


He got an itunes card, gum and some money.  He was pumped!

And Hazel brought them both gifts since they may not be able to come also.  Of course they loved getting gifts randomly!  Thanks Hazel!






My mommas are so thoughtful and kind and showered me with cards that made a waterfall of tears, goodies, and gift cards.  They have all become friends so that makes it extra hard.

Everett also celebrates his 2nd birthday tomorrow so we celebrated today.  Here he is telling me he is TWO!

 His mom made these cute rice krispie treat buses for his birthday treats...aren't these adorable?!  Everett kept saying, "Bus! Mine! TWO!"


The birthday boy...



Opening his gifs...






This motorcycle was playing music and he was dancing here...precious!

 Ryker brought these happies for the last day...


Hazel brought everyone happies too (cards for everyone as well as their own box of chalk) but I forgot to take a pic!

 Brayden and Trey loved getting a few days to play together!

 Brayden came in this afternoon and said, "MOM!  Red and black is a friend of Jack right?!"  Of course I knew what he was talking about and I said, "YES...WHY?!?!"  He said, "Because there he is right there!!!"  Why yes, he was!


The saying goes about the red, black and yellow stripes, "Red and yellow kills a fellow but red and black is a friend of Jack."  Thankfully it is just a king snake (good snake) so we just let him peacefully go.  Just hope I don't see him again!!!


 Gonna miss these sweet faces....







But very thankful to have more time with these three...



 First day of this school year August 2012 and last day....

And here are Hazels first and last day last year and this year....
 



First summer post...wahoo...NO ALARM CLOCKS!!!

Great day with these sweet babies the Lord has entrusted me over the last few years and so thankful for His provision for me to work at home and be with my babies!  Now to give them my full attention!  And let the summer begin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment