Saturday, January 12, 2013

Despite the sin, God gets the glory.

 I have so enjoyed my time in the WORD this week!  I have learned so much and God has opened my eyes to new things I have never read or noticed before.

I loved that despite how many times Abraham messed up, sinned, and took matter into his own hands, when God spoke to him, he acted quick and believed Him.  "Abraham believed the Lord, and it was credited to him as righteousness."

The Tower of Babel is a perfect example of how the people didn't believe God and took matters into their own hands, making life more difficult for them in the long run.  They didn't believe that God would not flood the earth again and were trying to handle it on their own.  In return, God confused their language making life extra hard because of it.  It would have been a whole lot easier just to believe what God promised.

 Abraham and Sarah both laughed at the promised God told them they would have a child passed child-bearing years but soon after fell facedown on the ground worshipping the Lord.

I can only imagine what Abraham was going through when he had to journey for three days knowing he was told to sacrifice his own son.  One thing I learned that I had never known before is that Isaac knew what was about to happen, was almost 30 years old and went willingly.  Also, Abraham didn't think that God would provide a replacement although he might have thought that God would bring him back from death to life.  He fully intended to obey God and sacrifice his promised son.

God's timing is perfect although it usually doesn't match our time line....

Eliezer goes to find a wife for his master Isaac and prays specifically for God to give him a Godly, kind, servant girl but this is a perfect example of how God can give "more than we could ever ask or think" in Ephesians 3:20 and God gives him not only what he prayed for but a BEAUTIFUL one.

Taking matters into your own hands has consequences...
God is good and I am thankful for all these applications that I can apply to my walk with the Lord and hopefully learn from someone else's mistakes.  But so thankful that God doesn't revoke his promises when we mess up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment