Sunday, September 9, 2012

Iphone/Instagram dump

Sorry for the lack of posting.  I tend to still take lots of pics but only download them in bulk and then I have umpteen pics to blog about!  I have to get better...but I guess better late than never right?!  Oh and if you follow me on instagram, this post may be repetitive for you, sorry.  And if you don't, follow me at @amandalemonds.

Update on Karis...remember that math we were worried about (due to bad grades last week) and WE studied our tushes off?!  Well all that studying paid off because she got a 96!  And she actually missed another one (#21) that wasn't counted wrong but even counting that one she STILL would have made an A!  So proud of my girl!


We went grocery shopping one day last week and this is the scene when I parked my car.  WOW!  I "instagrammed" that it looked like the stairway to heaven but thankful I don't have to climb them and work my way to heaven.  I am absolutely, positively sure of my salvation!  Do you know?!

Jay was out of town at a meeting for several days this week and Karis read our Bible study.  She did a great job and Jay would have been so proud!

Sometimes (well more than I want to admit) I would like for God to give me "the handwriting on the wall" kind of answers like he did to King Belshazaar.  However I wouldn't want his kind of news!!!

A compilation of my friends' instagram pics of the sunrise the other morning....GORGEOUS!

Lucy was in the other room when I was cleaning the kitchen the other day and honestly I didn't know what she was doing.  I heard her say, "Oh Jesus, heal our hearts."  I came around the corner to see what she was doing and she was reading her Bible Deuteronomy 6:5 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind."  She had no idea the significance of that statement!!!



I made a recipe the other night from Pinterest and it was SOOO good and easy. The kids even loved them.  I will make it again but will alter a few things I think.  Make, tweak, learn.  You can find it on my main dish Pinterest page here or on the original site here.  My altered recipe is...
This recipe will make 6 large sandwiches (using hamburger bun style hawaiian rolls) or 12-18 mini sandwiches (perfect for a tailgate or football party!).

Hot Ham & Cheese Sliders

For the Sandwich:
Rolls (see above for amount)
3 slices of ham per sandwich (2 slices for smaller sandwiches)
1 slice of provolone cheese per sandwich (half a slice for smaller sandwiches)
Mayo

For the Sauce:
1/2 stick of unsalted butter
1 tablespoons minced yellow onion
1 tablespoons poppy seeds
1 tablespoons yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce

Assemble sandwiches: put mayo on both sides of the roll.

Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl, melt butter. Whisk in onion, poppy seeds, mustard and sauce.

Put sandwiches in a pan or baking sheet where they will fit tightly together. You don't want space in between the sandwiches. Pour sauce (as much as you'd like) IN (or on top) the sandwiches. Sauce recipe is enough for 12-18, or you can use it on 6 large sandwiches.

Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes + or until the cheese has melted.

Sidenote: If you don't like swiss, I've made these with provolone and they are still very good!


Friday night Jay cut the grass and then we spent the evening at the park.  Everybody got a turn to ride with dad.  :)



Beautiful sunset!

God has such a sense of humor!  On days when I am struggling, I come across verses like this...

Today after church, we went to our usual Taco Bell visit with the Burnetts.  Lucy and Story can't even go in a restaurant without those hip-hugging babies!  :)  

Jay gave Brayden a pair of his old sunglasses yesterday and he wants to wear them everywhere.  He looks so much like his dad with them on.

Ok totally random...but at the gas station today I looked over in the car next to us and this is what I saw...kinda frightening huh?!  I was scared at first and then laughed out loud.  Brayden kept saying, "What is that thing hanging out of his mouth?!" haha

Today after church a few of our families did a "kid swap."  Karis went home with Morgan W., Lucy went home with Story and these two came to our house!  Brayden has been dying to have his best friends over!

Have you ever googled yourself?!  I don't often but got the urge the other day and I came across this.  It is a website called www.ratemyteachers.com.  I had no idea this even existed and that I was on there!  Kinda crazy!  At least it was good info!

Sorry so random!

No comments:

Post a Comment