Monday, January 23, 2012

Crafts are fun!

I saw several of these crafts on Pinterest and have wanted to make them for a long time so this is the first of many I have started and finished.  This was super cheap, probably $7 to make.  And it only took about 2 hours to complete.  The original tutorial can found here.

All you need is a (white) wreath, 2 packages of coffee filters, and a hot glue gun. 

It is super full and takes up alot of space, not to mention super cute!

Also for another project (that I am still working on), I bought this styrofoam insulation from Lowes.  Seriously it is now one of my favorite things.  This pic below is only half of it (I had to cut it in half just to get it in the car) and the whole thing was less than $20.  It is kind of like a really cheap canvas.


There was so much of it, I was able to do LOTS of stuff with it. In this pic below (under the coffee filter wreath), I painted some insulation black and then wrote in a white sharpie paint marker our family name and one of our favorite verses Psalm 40:5.  It seriously took 5 minutes to paint and 5 minutes to write it (with drying time in between).


I also covered this big "L" in twine...super easy project as well.

I also painted some little bird houses and cheap fruit white.  Karis also helped me do some of the painting.  :)

Another insulation painting that I found here...

These projects have been really fun!  Thanks Pinterest!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Love pinterest! Love the wreath, love the white!

    ReplyDelete