Sunday, January 22, 2012

Awards, crafting and weather

Friday Karis had her 9 weeks ceremony at school and she was very proud of her awards and we were too! She got an award for Honor Roll (All A's and 1 B) and Perfect Attendance.  She already had her ribbon/medal from last nine weeks but she got a star pin to add to it.  

Way to go Karis!


Brayden and Lucy were proud of her too!

Friday night our hubbies had a conference so the kids and I went to Paige's house to hang out.  Then Mari-Morgan came home with us to spend the night.  Saturday I decided to work on a few crafts that I have been wanting to do off of Pinterest.  So Saturday morning off we went to some craft stores to get some supplies and spent the rest of the day working on them.  The girls all picked out some things to paint as well. :)


Sunday morning I snapped a few before running out the door...




Last night Lucy was putting on pj's and it was over her head and then she said, "I am getting married!!!!"  (like a veil) haha 

This weekend's weather has been CRAZY, or this whole season, to be exact.  It has been exceptionally warm for January and not even a threat of snow yet.  On Friday it was in the upper 60's and then by the next day it had dropped 30 degrees.  It was cold Saturday!

And these crazy temps caused all of this Sunday night.  After 9 we started hearing the tornado sirens and knew we had to get kids up.  They slept right through ALL of it crammed like sardines in the closet!







Oh and Lucy was freaking out there was a fire out the window...Jay was starting the grill haha!

OH!  I have to show you this new product for all of you who are allergic to peanuts/peanut butter.  Trey's mom is going on a gluten free diet and found this Wowbutter/Soy butter.  It tastes like peanut butter but is 100% peanut free.  Unfortunately neither of my kids that are allergic to peanuts don't like it but I LOVE it.  Give it a try!  

On a more serious note, today is the 4th anniversary of my best friend Amber's car wreck/death.  I do miss her so and long to just talk to her.  So very glad she is in Heaven and I look forward to the day we meet again. 



I am still working on some of the crafts I have been working on this weekend.  Pics coming soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment