Saturday, November 12, 2011

Heavy heart

My heart has been heavy this week for so many reasons.  Do you ever just have those days, weeks, months that the reality of "life" just hits and you realize that life is just hard???  That has been me this week.

I know part of it is just Satan. It is not ironic that this week I have been reading about the Last Supper, Jesus crucifixion, burial and resurrection in my Bible study.  It is just like Satan to work his magic in the midst of the Lord doing something incredible.  Regardless of Satan's efforts, I know who wins the battle in the end.  And it's NOT him!

I have been reminded this week of friends that are truly hurting, sickness that is not understandable or fathomable, people struggling financially, the deep consequences of sin, marriages that are ending, mothers and children separated, unhappiness, lostness among people who haven't heard the gospel and those that have heard the gospel, family's crumbling, persecution, devastation, hurt, and heartache in general.

And I was reminded that life is just tough sometimes.  The Lord never promises it will be easy..in fact quite the opposite.  And He tells us to be prepared for not if it comes, but when.

But I also was reminded that God never leaves us or forsakes us and He promises we do not have to do it alone.

Many things have helped make this week easier including lots of prayer, time in the Word, random songs that come on that I know are meant for "such a time as this," a letter from our Compassion child and some of the things that are listed here....


  1. John Piper's message here.
  2. My friend Lori's blogpost here.  She has been there and God has brought her to the other side.
  3. Another blogpost here.
  4. Another Piper blogpost here.
  5. "God knows He can bring more glory than Satan can bring devastation if we let Him in our life!" Beth Moore
  6. "Worry is a waste of energy.  It can't change the past.  It can't control the future.  It only makes today miserable." Rick Warren
  7. "Sin is so ugly and redemption is so lovely but the consequences of the struggle from one to another are deathly expensive." Not sure of the author


If you are hurting, downcast, or discouraged, please know that the Lord sympathizes with us and experienced it first hand.  He knows how you feel and is waiting to embrace you with arms open wide.  Please don't turn your back on Him.

As my friend Lori stated, "God has written the story.  May He receive all glory and honor for the ending."


We only see a chapter.  He sees the big picture, the whole story.

"But seek His kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well."  Luke 12:31

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives, he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."  Luke 11:9-10

"Come to me all you are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."  Matthew 11:28-30



No comments:

Post a Comment