Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thumbs up Fudge

Fudge...it's one of my favorite memories of my grandmother. She used to make the best fudge and it was such a treat when she made it. The kids and I decided to make some today and I think they enjoyed licking the spoons more than anything...I mean, who wouldn't?

I got the recipe from here, but here it is in case you are interested...

Mom’s Creamy Chocolate Fudge

1-7 or 8 oz jar marshmallow creme
1 1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup butter
1/4 tsp. salt
11 1/2 oz milk chocolate morsels
6 oz. semi sweet morsels
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
1 tsp vanilla

  1. In a pan combine first 5 ingredients, and bring them to a full boil over medium neat; stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes.
  2. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until it melts.
  3. Stir in nuts and vanilla.
  4. Pour into aluminum foil lined 8×8 inch square pan.
  5. Chill in refrigerator until firm, about 2 hours.


I had some help, see???




She giving me the thumbs up! She actually said, "Mom I think I am going to die because it is so good I will want to eat too much of it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment