Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy 34th Birthday Jay!

Each year we celebrate a birthday it makes me thankful that God is gracious and allows us to share with one another. We celebrated Jay's birthday today and the kids did great this year about keeping secrets! Even Jay was trying to get Brayden to tell him, and B kept saying "Dad I can't! It's a secret!" SHOCKER!

Anyway, Karis and Brayden were so excited about picking out Daddy's gifts and helping me plan surprises for him. We made him a big breakfast and the kids presented him with his gifts. I got him a Fossil watch he had been wanting and a pair of jeans and the kids picked him out a Starbucks mug and some coffee.

Dad opening his gifts...

This is a tradition we used to have in my family. Every year on each person's birthday you have to eat from the "special" plate. My mom gave us one to use for our family.

Karis serving daddy his breakfast...


Then tonight we got a babysitter (only the 3rd time ever since my kids were born...usually my mom or a friend watches them if we need somebody). We went to Jay's favorite place to eat Texas de Brazil and planned to go to a Grizzlies game but finished dinner too late and decided to just go to a bookstore and enjoy the quiet. We ordered some coffee and looked at magazines and just chatted. Yes we have come to the realization that we are old. We were talking about how we don't feel as old as we are and we still "think" we are cool...until we were getting into our minivan on our date. We quickly started laughing when we realized maybe that meant we weren't so cool anymore! Then Jay said, "Well maybe if we recognize we aren't cool, that makes us cooler than if we thought we were and we really weren't." Whatever...we are old and we accept that!

Happy 34th Birthday to the love of my life. I can't wait to celebrate with you for many more years to come! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment