Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day!!!

Well my morning began at 5:30 when I got up to start my day and immediately turned on the news to see if Desoto County Schools were out because today is one of my work days.  I saw that Shelby County and Memphis City were open and it didn't even mention Desoto so I turned the tv off and went to get in the shower.  I did my quiet time and completely got ready (lipstick and heels on, hair curled) and then walked in the den around 7:00 to start breakfast when I noticed the beautiful white trees outside.  I decided to turn the tv back on and noticed that Shelby County, Memphis City and Desoto County were all out.  I couldn't believe my eyes!!!  SO about that time Karis woke up and we marveled at all the snow.  She immediately wanted to go play in it.  We ate breakfast and then quickly got dressed and headed out to play!



Karis eating the snow...that is all she wanted to do after she threw her 3 snowballs!

Waiting on the family...the pics got out of order here.

She wanted to make a snow angel so bad!

We headed down to the lake to see the snow.  Doesn't this cross look beautiful?

Watch out for those icy streets!  :)



Our attempt at a picture of ourselves...


Eating snow again...

Thanks to my UGGs, my feet stayed cozy and warm the whole time!



Eating snow AGAIN...

Me and my boy...

Me and my girl...

My sweeties....



Once we came in, the kids had a cup of hot chocolate and Jay and I had our coffee.



Snow days are so much fun...especially since they only come about once a year and we get out of school for it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment