Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tomato Basil Soup

I cooked one of my favorite soup recipes tonight and thought I would share it for any of you that are wanting some new ones! First of all let me say that this recipe is very sentimental to me because Amber made it for she and I the day before she passed. When we lived together in college, we used to eat grilled cheese and tomato soup (out of a can) all the time! She told me on our last visit, "I made us some tomato soup for old times!" I must say it is ALOT better than what we used to eat out of a can...so I copied down the recipe before I left. If any of you try it out, let me know if you like it! :)

Tomato Basil Soup
2 Tablespoons EVOO
2 Tablespoons butter
2 cloves of garlic
1 onion finely diced (saute in EVOO, butter and garlic until soft before adding other ingredients)
1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes (Italian herbs if you can find it)
10-12 fresh basil leaves (finely diced)
Approximately one cup of 1/2 and 1/2 (or whatever until the color is like you like it...I usuallly just eye it)

It is delicious! My kids even emptied their bowls and wanted seconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment