Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Pleased in Him

The Lord has done some very neat things in my heart over the past couple of days and some of them...not so fun. Proverbs tells us in chapter 3 "Do not despise the Lord's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves and as a father, the son delights in him." This is exactly what He has done within me. No it has not been easy...he has revealed some deep sin within my life...pride, jealousy, discontentment, distrust in Him, deceit, selfishness, worry, and so much more. As I have melted with shame and tears, the Lord has given me such a delight in Him....a heart that desires nothing more than to please him with my every thought and action. One of my favorite Piper quotes states "He is most glorified when we are satisfied in Him." I want him to be most glorified because of my heart condition...not because of the things I "do" for Him or the words that come out of my mouth, but the condition of my heart...deep below where no one sees. I pray that the Lord would be pleased in everything that I do and that He would see great faith in me as He did in the Centurion in Luke 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment