Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I am extremely exhausted today because of all the fun, but just wanted to give a shout-out to all the Dads out there and say Happy Father's Day. I am very thankful for the men in my life that are fathers, starting with my own...

Dad, you have always been such a steady, calm, flexible, Godly example for me and the boys. I remember even when we were very young on into high school how you made such an attempt to study God's word together. Even if it was at 6:00 a.m. you were determined to have a family devotion together around the kitchen table. I appreciate it more now than I ever did then. I admire that you always begin your day in the Word even to this day (as you eat your cereal). You might not have even known that I noticed, but I do. There aren't many dads out there who do all that you do to help mom out and I am so very thankful for you and proud of you!

Jay, where do I ever begin? I am so thankful that I get to live this life with you and that God chose you to be the father of my 2 children. You in so many ways, remind me of my dad that I so much admire. You are not the loud one in the group, but a humble man of God that likes to go unnoticed. You amaze me with the way you handle the children and how much that they admire you. You are truly their hero! Karis also wants to spend "daddy time" and loves just to be right by your side while your son does the same. He wants to play with you and wrestle and I am so thankful that you are willing to devote your time to let them know they are special and that they have your devotion and love. My eyes tear up when I see you with them because it is such a picture of our heavenly Father with us. You are a great father and I am so proud of you!

I love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment