Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Our 10th Anniversary!

 Jay and I's 10 year anniversary is Friday, June 7th, however since we will be traveling on that day we decided to celebrate a few days early while the kids were away at Lolli's house.  We had been wanting to try out a new restaurant called Flight so we went there for dinner.  



The weather was beautiful so we sat out on the patio and people watched while we ate.  We saw carriages and trolleys stroll through


We agreed not to do gifts and to save our money.  However he surprised me with something far better than money could buy.  On the night before he proposed he sat down and wrote 3 letters: 
  1. He sent a note home with me the night he proposed by sneaking it in my purse.  When I got home I found it and cried lots of tears of happiness that God had given me such a wonderful man!
  2. He also sent me one to my hotel room the morning we married.  Lots more tears of course!
  3. Then, he wrote a 3rd (and final he says) letter for our 10 year anniversary. 
So when we sat down to exchange cards, he had two to give me.  The first was a letter (card) he had made for me which was precious but then he gave me a second.  It was the letter he wrote the night before he proposed {now 11 years ago}.  I really had to hold it together since we were sitting at dinner and there were people all around us.  I was biting my tongue, swallowing hard and trying to act normal when our waitress came to refill our drinks.  I was in awe of his thoughtfulness and so thankful he is mine hopefully for many more years!


Flight is a cool restaurant!  They offer "flights" for all courses (wine, appetizers, soup, salads, main course and dessert) which means a small portion (1/3's) of meals so that there are literally 5000 options for dinner.  Three flights together make the size of one entree.

We shared a salad flight and all three were delicious but the one I thought would be my least favorite was both of our favorites...the watermelon balsamic salad...YUM!

I chose 2 flights for my diner instead of 3 because I knew I wouldn't eat 3 of them.  I ordered the chicken and waffles on the left and the sirloin on the right...both were great!

Jay ordered a flight of 3 starting with flounder, then lobster, then the bison ribeye.  He liked all three but the middle wasn't his favorite because it was sweet.

Instead of traditional dessert, we chose to get the fruit and cheese flight for dessert instead.  It was good!  The cheeses were very different but all delicious and the duck sausage was good too.

I didn't get a single good picture of us out of several but that is what you get when someone else is taking the pictures.



After dinner we decided to go walk around near Harbortown and it was beautiful!  We walked around down by the river and drove through looking at some of the houses.  It is such a neat community but not a place we will ever be able to afford ha!







We had talked about going somewhere else to share a dessert but after walking around we were still so full that we just came home and had coffee at home.  I sure do love that we have fun no matter where we are and thankful for the 10 years I have had with him!  Hoping for MANY more!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great place. So glad you had an amazing time with your husband.

    I like your dress, so beautiful.

    Happy (early) Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete