Thursday, October 22, 2009

All over the place...

I have a bunch of random thoughts and pictures so this post will be all over the place. Anyway, this is what it looks like when all babies decide they want to eat all at the same time (Landon 8 months, Axton 6 months and Lucy 5 months). Three seats, three bowls, three spoons, three hungry babies and one FAST hand!

And guess what? Axton is sitting up! Yah Ax!!!

Here's my little pumpkin...


Last night I made a recipe I got off of Kelly's Korner and it was delicious. It is an easy Paula Dean Chicken Pot Pie but it tasted alot like Chicken and Dumplings...yummy!

Ingredients

  • 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
  • 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced (I left this out)
  • 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
  • 1/2 cup frozen green peas
  • 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • Salt and pepper, optional
  • 1 1/2 cups instant biscuit mix
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 stick melted butter

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a greased 2-quart casserole, layer the chicken, eggs, carrots, and peas. Mix the soup, chicken broth, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Pour over the layers. Stir together the biscuit mix and milk, and pour this over the casserole. Drizzle butter over the topping. Bake until the topping is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.


Look closely.....

I was going to put Lucy in the bed last night and a BIRD flew past my head!!! Thank goodness Jay was home. He closed off doors and managed to get him to fly out the garage door. I bet that bird was as freaked out as I was! Luckily he didn't poop all over the place. And I have no idea how long he had been in the house...I had gone to Walmart several hours before and think that is when he got in. He was making himself at home!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...I made Paula Deen's Chicken Pot Pie this week too!!!!!! So funny! Wasn't it sooooo yummy! Matt and I both loved it even though I'm sure it's so bad for you but oh so good!

    ReplyDelete