Saturday, December 7, 2013

This week's randoms...

Our time is coming to a close here and we are excited to be back home with family in just a week!  This past week a friend showed us how to make snow slime out of glue, glitter and borax.  The kids have had more fun with this stuff and I have never seen so much glitter everywhere in my life! :)




It is a treat for us to get out and about and we went on Tuesday night to Kids Eat Free night at McAlisters!  It was so worth it!  Lucy's laughter is so contagious and I love to hear it!

I love this time of year but this year seems so different.  I miss being home during this season and all the cozy Christmas trees and decorated mantles make me homesick!  Trying to keep in mind this is what it is all about...


My girl has been a reading machine lately.  I bet she has read at least 20 books while here in 8 weeks.   They have 4 kids in her class and they are having a reading contest.  For every book they read, they get a sticker on this board.  As a class, if they fill it up they get whatever picture is formed (ice cream sundae).  Her teacher told me that Karis alone has filled up more than half of the board herself!  So proud of her!  She fell asleep the other night reading with her light and clothes on!

We survived shot clinic 3 out of 3!  Woohoo!  Barely a tear...we are pros at this point!

Several of our friends all celebrated a birthday this week so we celebrated Jay's too since his is next week (the 18th).  Happy 38th to my special man!

Today we went to Five Guys for lunch and ended with yogurt from Sweet Frogs (after all those shots, we needed some ice cream, right?!).




Good week!  Headed home Thursday and looking forward to hugging a lot of necks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment