Sunday, December 1, 2013

We witnessed a MIRACLE!

We have been hesitant about giving Lucy nuts although we weren't sure she was allergic actually.  With a nut allergy in the family, we have always "assumed" she did.  So since we are about to move overseas, we decided to go ahead and give it a try so we would know.  I literally dabbed the tip of my finger in the Nutella and wiped it on Lucy's tongue and within 10 minutes she was coughing pretty badly.  I decided to take her home and watch her closely and soon after she was saying my back is itching soooo bad!  I looked at her back and this is what I saw...

I gave her TWO benadryl and scratched her back non-stop until it kicked in.  It got worse before it got better.

By 6:30 it was at the worst.  She even had whelps on her face and all over her scalp.  Even her lips were looking tight, but no trouble breathing.  I had the epi-pen in hand if it was to be needed but thankfully it never got that bad.

Finally the Benadryl kicked in and she fell asleep for about 30 minutes and I thought we were out of the woods.  The redness was still there but the hives were gone. 

Then she woke up wide awake which I thought was strange since she had been given TWO benadryls and usually one knocks her out.  We were watching a movie together in my bed and I noticed she was scratching again.  I paused the movie, turned on the lights and saw this on her legs (which was NOT there before).  I kinda panicked a little bit.

I called a nurse friend over and she said it was good that her hives were gone but it wasn't good that she was still reacting even on Benadryl and that she didn't think it could clear up without a steroid.  Since I knew I would get NO sleep if we went to bed like this, I decided since the minor med was open for another hour at that point, we were gonna go ahead and get her seen tonight.  So we booked it to the doctor 10 minutes away (and gave her NO more meds) and by the time we got there she looked liked this...

We could NOT believe it!  It was seriously a MIRACLE! 
God healed our daughter, there was no other explanation!

She was perfectly fine, no itching, hives and not even redness!  When the doctor walked in I told her it was a miracle...that God had healed her and that we probably didn't need her anymore.  She went ahead and looked her over and sent her home with no meds!

OH and gave her a pink popsicle while we waited on a strep test (precautionary since her throat was a little red...she had been coughing earlier in the night.  Strep test was negative.).

So thankful for all the prayers...HE heard them and chose to heal our little girl!  We know this could have been so much worse and we are giving Him all the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment