Tuesday, February 12, 2013

What's cooking....

 This roast is hands down my families' favorite meal I cook.  They all love it and although Jay isn't fond of eating things over and over again, even when I get tired of this one, he still requests it.  That's saying alot folks!  I got this recipe originally from here and have tried several since and they don't even compare...seriously.  I think I will stick with the tried and true.

Au Jus Roast

Ingredients: 
Pot Roast
1 packet dry Ranch 
1 packet dry Au Jus Gravy packet
A few jarred pepperocini peppers
stick of butter

Directions:
Put roast in crock pot and season with Kosher salt.
Sprinkle both dry packets on top of roast.
Cut stick of butter into pieces and put on top of roast.
Place a few peppers on top.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
Do NOT add water.  It sounds like you will need it but I promise you do not.  The natural juices will come out.  I promise make this you will not be sorry.  And homemade mashed taters are a must with the juice on top...YUM!

Dessert...Strawberry Shortcake!  So easy it's ridiculous.

1 quart (4 cups sliced strawberries)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
Bread
Whipped cream

Add water and sugar to sliced strawberries and let sit several hours in refrigerator to let natural juices mix with sugar.  Put on bread and top with whipped cream.  So easy and my kids LOVE them.

I have cooked these multiple times and they never disappoint.  A ton of flavor and can be made very healthy.

Again one of our rotation meals a fav by everyone.  Easy, healthy and full of flavor.

Extremely fattening but I don't make these very often.  I have made them twice before and they are delicious!

Also on the menu is grilled pork chops and veggie soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment