Friday, February 1, 2013

Sickies Round 2

Well Brayden was going on day 6 fever and we thought we saw light at the end of the tunnel until this sweet girl started running fever on Tuesday.  I knew it was going to be a long week after seeing how long this virus lasted with Brayden.  Luckily hers didn't quite last as long as B's virus thank goodness.  She only had fever for 4 days boo.  She was pitiful for several days and wanted NOTHING except to cuddle with me.  So for 2 days I got not a thing done other than my job and taking care of her.  And it was worth all the laundry I had to catch up on too.

In the middle of it all, Lucy was still running fever and we had a bad storm one night and had no electricity and we had tornado warnings go off in the middle of the night. It was an interesting night to say the least.  We got very little, if any sleep and definitely had to have caffeine to make it through the next day!


While we had the sickies we spent alot of time hanging out in my bed...



One day when she started getting her energy back, she decided she wanted to color a picture.  To my surprise she created this masterpiece, her first family portrait.  I loved it!




Lucy officially ran her last bit of fever on Friday night although we treated symptoms for a little longer.   The cough STILL lingers in both Brayden and Lucy but at least we are all sleeping through the night again...we had some ROUGH nights in there!  Thankful it is just temporary and that I have my healthy children back!

No comments:

Post a Comment