Sunday, February 17, 2013

Our weekend

 Our plans for the weekend quickly got cancelled when I got a call at about 1:00 Friday afternoon that Brayden had 101.4 temp at school.  WHAT?!  Poor thing he just had this 2 weeks ago...poor guy!  I decided to go ahead and take him to the doctor because he had been exposed to strep and flu this week so I wanted to rule out the "bad ones" and see if any meds were needed.  Again, he tested negative for strep and flu however they treated with Tamiflu (again) because he has asthma.  Luckily his asthma never got bad he has only used his machine once.  But he was PITIFUL like wouldn't lift his head up off my lap or a pillow for hours.   I felt so bad for him!



 Friday night while Jay stayed with Brayden, me and the girls went grocery shopping and to get Brayden's prescription.  Lucy got dressed by herself and posed for Jay to take a picture.  When he showed her the pic, she said, "Ooooh.  I'm sassy!"  Haha!

Karis helped me unload the toilet paper haha!

 Saturday we made a big breakfast and then the kids decided they wanted to "craft."  They wanted to sew by hand and Lucy made this (whatever it is) for Story.  She cut on this for 20 minutes....

Brayden sewed on this for his buddy Eli....


Saturday I got my hair cut/colored for the first time in 6 months and it was LONG overdue.  Like my new do?!?!

Lolli also came over Saturday night because Brayden wanted to see her.  That's all she had to hear and she was burning rubber to get here.  Thankful for her!

 Convicting...I turned off facebook on my phone so I won't be tempted to check it as much.

Brayden got his progress report this week and I forgot to post it.  He is doing WONDERFULLY!


Karis is also doing GREAT!

 Thankful to be able to pick out little nuggets from the dry book of Leviticus!

Thankful that if we are obedient, God not only provides but provides ABUNDANTLY!  For the Israelites, God told them they would eat, be satisfied, and live securely in the land.

It is comforting to know that God puts His residence IN us and He will NOT reject us.

Today the girls and I went to church and then had a meeting.  When we got home I went to run while the kids played on the playground.  Then I chilled while they played a while longer.  Poor Brayden just had to get out of the house.  He is still occasionally running a fever and just hasn't eaten much for 3 days now so he is still really weak.


 Tonight I made a homemade chicken noodle soup I got from my friend Audrey after she posted it a few weeks back. It looked yummy and she was sweet to share the recipe.  It was a HIT and the kids loved it!  Karis even cleaned her bowl! Excuse our plastic ware haha!  It's the norm around here.

 Good weekend even with all of our plans being changed due to sickness again.  Maybe God is trying to slow us down and I am ok with that.  Hoping for well kids once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment