Sunday, September 13, 2009

God doesn't make junk!

I want to start by saying that Sundays are one of my favorite days of the week. I love going to church and celebrating in worship with my church family about what God has done in my life that week. The Lord always stirs in my heart and speaks to me in an incredible way. Our pastor is starting a series on The Basics of Life and we watched this video as an intro to the sermon. IT ROCKED MY WORLD! I was in tears throughout the video at how real it was and the Lord reminded me that He doesn't make junk! You see God desires for us to live a life in communion with Him and he knows that we can't do this thing called life alone. Yes God disciplines those he loves just as a father disciplines his son...because he loves them. The Lord gives and He takes away and it isn't because He doesn't understand us or our situation or doesn't care about us, but because He loves us and He does indeed, discipline those He loves. I think we have all been guilty at times of buying into the lie that when we turned over our lives to Christ, life would be easier. The Truth is that it isn't, it is HARDER. And we must understand that God pre-assigns our portion and our cup and EVERYTHING He pre-assigns is GOOD. He does indeed find favor in us and we ARE His original masterpiece. Because God doesn't make no junk!

No comments:

Post a Comment