Sunday, April 12, 2009

Reflection of Easter (4 of 4 Easter posts)

As I sit back and actually view Easter from a worldly perspective, I realize just like any other holiday, how ritualized it has become.  It is almost sickening to think of all the things of this world that I and my family have even given in to....the Easter baskets, egg hunts, new clothes, inviting friends to join us at church on Easter when we haven't invited them all year long, etc.  I don't believe that any of these things are bad by any means...but what is the significance???  Easter is about a risen Savior...a time for celebration for what He has done for us!   Our services at church were incredible and a true reflection of the week of Easter and why we celebrate that today.   We honestly have something to truly celebrate!!!  But I was also very convicted as to why we do things for Easter that we should be doing all year long.  I have failed time and time again of just acting as if it is a normal day and forgetting that each day is a gift and although Easter is the time to celebrate it...why do I forget it often the other 364 days of the year???  The Lord taught me alot this Easter about who He truly is...and the REAL meaning of Easter.  It has always been "head" knowledge, but today it spoke to the core of my being.

No comments:

Post a Comment