Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Potty Training Day 2

TOTAL SUCCESS

Today was great!  Brayden had one accident early this morning and it was while I was in the shower.  I then explained to him that he didn't have to wait on me...that he could just go by himself, that he knew what to do.  That was the turning point for the day.  Every time after that I would see him fly past me running to the bathroom.  Several times he went without me knowing he even went!  One time I saw him running and he said, "I need to go tee-tee."  A few minutes later I heard him screaming "MOM! MOM!  I poo-pooed in the potty!"  I was so proud of him and the day was a breeze after that!  He was dry at naptime and even called me after he went to bed tonight (even though he had a pull-up on) to tell me he needed to go potty, which he did.  I actually got some things done around the house today and didn't follow him around constantly asking him if he needed to go potty.  I am so relieved!

Jay and I were talking tonight at dinner and realized that this is the first day in 4 1/2 years that kids have been here that we haven't changed a diaper.  We will get used to it for about 3 weeks before we have a newborn in the house!!!  We will thoroughly enjoy it for the time being anyway.  That new baby will be worth it I know! 

Yah Brayden!  We are so proud of you!

1 comment: