Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Perfect Valentines Day

Today has been the most perfect Valentines Day.  Yesterday Lolli kept the kids for us for the whole weekend so that we could spend Valentines Day together and we are so thankful.  She is the best!  Last night we were able to go to dinner and then this morning I slept in.  I haven't done that in a while and it was heavenly!  I did NOT wake up to 2 kids at my bedside saying, "Mom, get up!  I want to eat!"  Instead I woke up to these.....

...and these....

We spent most of the day catching up on some things around the house.  Jay had some stuff for his travel business and I was able to catch up on all the laundry, wash and change all the sheets,  and clean my whole house!   It was such a wonderful feeling to get caught up on everything.  Then Jay and I enjoyed an incredible candlelight dinner...

...which consisted of steak, baked potatoes (loaded of course), asparagus with hollandaise sauce, and marinated mushrooms.   It was a great dinner and spent with the most wonderful man in the world.
Our dessert consisted of a couple cups of coffee and those yummy chocolate covered strawberries as we curled up on the couch and watched a Pay-per-view movie "Nights in Rodanthe."  It was a great end to a wonderful day.

Happy Valentines Day!  I love you Jay!

No comments:

Post a Comment