Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Random thoughts

Our week has been great...but nothing major going on.  Just a few random thoughts for the week...

I have been off my part time job this week so we have done a few different fun things that we wouldn't have been able to do otherwise.  We spent the day yesterday with my friend Rachel and their friends Kendall, Drew and Jack.  Fun times!

I have been inspired by a friend of mine, Carey, who is such a smart shopper and lives on a very tight budget as us.  I have been reading up on some ways to save money while grocery shopping and have found some really great ideas.  In short...CVS is a woman's best friend and there are deals to be had at any store you just have to find the energy to be consistent and work the system. I am learning the tricks and will share soon once I get going how much money I am saving.  I have spent alot of my extra time this week reading up on some of these things and shopping around for deals.  

Today the kids and I went to the park after their school because it was almost 70 degrees outside and it was gorgeous!  We found a new park in Hernando and we will definitely go back!

My 2nd child who is a boy (won't mention his name) is going to give me gray hair at the age of 29!  He is definitely my strong willed, bold one.  He has gotten in trouble both days at school this week for throwing food...something that he never does at home.  And those that know me, know that we are VERY tough on him.  But he still seems to try us!  He will definitely be our challenge and I know it is just beginning...just need the strength to continue to teach him right.  Does anyone else have a strong willed 2 year old like this?  At this moment he is waiting on his daddy to come home to "discipline" him this time for throwing food again today.  He knows he did wrong because today when I picked him up, he immediately started crying and saying, "Mom where is the paddle????"  Oh Lord help us!

I am subbing the next two days and will be hanging out at mom's house.  Looking forward to seeing them!  We sure will miss daddy!

Baby Lemonds is getting bigger and things are starting to get uncomfortable.  I am 27 weeks and heading into the 3rd trimester.  My belly is like a really tight brick and there is a lot of pressure.  The joys of being preggo...

My hair hasn't been cut in 6 months and looks terrible!  Looking forward to a hair cut and highlights in less than a week.  I think I will feel much better after that!

I think that is all for now...gotta go cook some pork chops for dinner before Bible study.  

1 comment:

  1. Brayden needs to meet Abby and get a run for his money! I am looking into some James Dobson Strong Willed Child for her! Challenges every day...but very fun at the same time! Good luck =)

    ReplyDelete