Saturday, May 10, 2014

Lucy turns FIVE!

Time is flying and I can't believe my baby turned FIVE today.  It is a day I have looked forward to, yet dreaded for a while now.  I no longer have a baby in my home!!!  She has been so excited about her birthday/party!  Her requests for her birthday were that she wanted a princess party, her favorite foods, chocolate cake and named a few things that she would like to have for her birthday.  She woke up grinning from ear to ear knowing today was the day!!!!



My five year old princess….



Karis helped a lot with the party and did all the wrapping for me.  Lucy got to choose one from us to open before her party started.

Karis and Brayden rollerblade a lot and she has been wanting skates so she could skate with them.






I love these three sweet faces!







Lucy gave me specific things she wanted to have to eat for her birthday party…so I tried to make them princess themed.








These cookies were made by our friend Gul the day before her party.  Made with LOVE….








I am so NOT the baker when it comes to cakes but I attempted to make a heart chocolate cake (her request).  It wasn't the most beautiful but it tasted good!





This is a late culture and most parties don't start until 7 p.m.  The party started at 11 and most people showed up around 12:30!





Gul and her mom Aysha...

Thanks Mrs. Gul for the sweet flower pot.  We love you!


We sang the Birthday song in English and then they sang it to Lucy in the local language.  It was precious wish I had it on video!  And of course she was embarrassed she does NOT like to be the center of attention (like her momma!).

My sweet family….

Everybody busy eating their ice cream...

Some of my dear friends Filiz (white shirt), Hafize, and Aysha (Gul's mom)...

This is my new friend Stephanie.  They live here in the country because her husband plays on the professional basketball team here but the season is over and they are going back to America on Monday.  Hopefully they will be back next season!  Lucy and Lexie will miss each other and we will miss this sweet family!

Lucy opened her gifts from us and then wanted the children to hide their gifts to her and let her find them and then open them (it's a tradition here).  It was fun!





She is closing her eyes so the children can hide their gifts for Lucy.


She is looking for gifts...

Aw my sweet friends...

Lucy and Lexie….

After the party, Lexie stayed and went to L park with us to ride rides.  This cool park is right across the street from us but we were saving this fun for a special day.  Today was the day!  They have an inside and an outside ride area.

That blur is Brayden flipping down the slide!

And the girls...





















The ferris wheel (my fav) we have been wanting to do this since we moved.  We are almost on top here...





My sweet girls...



Ending the day with some ice cream (for the 2nd time today)….

Then we stopped by one of our favorite restaurants because our friend Tuba wanted to see Lucy on her birthday and give her a gift.  She is such a sweet friend!




 Lucy requested Burger King for her birthday dinner….so Burger King she got.


We face timed with Lolli and got to see some very special cousins too!



Then we had some friends come over for chai!  It was a long but a good day!
Karis with Ella

Lucy and Fatma Nur…they gave Lucy a matching dress!

A sign of a fun night!

By the end of the day we were absolutely exhausted but it was such a great day!

Happy birthday to my sweet Lulu!!! Love you more than you'll ever know!

And just for a little throwback….this is Lucy last year on her birthday…


And at her birthday party last year...

Happy 5th Birthday Lucy hope to spend a lifetime of them with you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment