Monday, March 18, 2013

Lucy's first out of town getaway and our last shindig of Spring Break

Lucy has definitely spent the night away from home lots but it has always been with grandparents or Story when she lived in our town. But, they have moved and this was Lucy's first sleepover out of town (2 hours away).  AND she was staying from Friday-Monday.  I was totally ok with it and I knew she was in great hands but I literally lost it several times because she just seemed so grown up!!!  Since she is my "baby" it is hard to see her act like such a big girl.  Right before she left I was hugging her and said, "Lucy I am going to miss you so much!!!!"  Then she replied, "I know!" Ha!  That will break a momma's heart!

She woke up so ready to go!

 Can't you just see the excitement all over her face?!

They had a WONDERFUL time as I knew she would and didn't want to come home.  I took some screenshots of the Instagram pics taken over the weekend...








 We missed her terribly but I enjoyed time with my other 2 while she was away.  Friday since Jay was off of work we took Karis and Brayden to lunch at Kyoto.  It is their favorite restaurant and one of our favs too. 



 Then I took the kids to Shelby Farms' playground which is wonderful but it was SOOOO crowded!  We didn't stay too long although the weather was perfect (70s)!


 Then Lolli had one last shindig of Spring Break planned for them.  She reserved a local hotel room with an indoor pool for them to swim one last time.  Kids can never have enough swimming!



 The breakfast is one of our favorite parts of the hotel....

 Saturday we came home after a birthday party and spent some time with daddy.  The kids went on a nature walk and carved their very own walking sticks.

 Monday Lucy's party came to an end and she did not want to come home.  I guess she would just move in with Story if she could!  I was glad to get to spend time with the whole crew for a little while. 

I needed snuggles from this cutie...

Thankful for these friends!

Thanks Amy for taking such good care of my baby!  Glad Lucy has these memories with her best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment