Friday, August 14, 2009

Kids' new rooms revealed....

As you know, Jay and I did not find out the sex of Lucy during my pregnancy. We wanted to be surprised but were more surprised than we thought we would be. You see, we secretly thought that she was a boy and were REALLY shocked when she was born and was a girl! Because we didn't know the sex prior to her birth, we did not prepare to move the baby (Lucy) in to share a room because we didn't know if she would be sharing with Karis or Brayden. Now that she is 3 months old and the change needs to happen, Lolli kept Karis and Brayden this week so that we could redecorate. Up until now, Lucy has been sleeping in her bassinet in my room or the den.

Last July, we redecorated their rooms to get Brayden in to a big boy bed. Obviously this was before we knew the Lord would bless us with Lucy :) Here we are a year later and making changes again. But it is all worth it!

Renovations last July:



We changed the paint color to pink and brown, added some home-made and cheap decorations, painted Brayden's old twin bed white and moved Lucy's baby bed in.




We hope Karis loves it! Lucy likes her new bed! :)

This is Brayden's room last July when he got his big boy bed (that is now Karis').



We changed the paint color to blue and he got Karis old full size bed. We hope he likes it too!


Oh and this fan on his bed still needs to be installed....
Whew! We are exhausted. I completed my first week in my new job and stayed up until almost midnight every night to complete these projects. I could NOT have done this without my brother Allen! He came and stayed a couple of days this week to help me out with everything. Thank you so much Allen!

Now...there are more projects to complete. This weekend...paint the living room and kitchen....pics to come.

2 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous! I know they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job. The children will love their new beds and their new painted rooms. What a sweet surprise! I can't wait to hear their reactions!

    ReplyDelete