Friday, October 4, 2013

Karis' 9th birthday!

How is it that my baby girl is NINE?!  Yep my husband reminded me that it is half of the time we will have with her as her parents (until she is an adult).  OUCH!  She has really grown up over the last few months and she is so "growny" these days....it's killing me!  Although I love the sweet young lady she is becoming.  And I know I am biased, but a beautiful one too!

The night before her birthday, it was also Pop's birthday so we took them out to Texas de Brazil.  We have been wanting to take Karis and Brayden for a while because they are LOV-ING steak these days. It was Lolli, Pop, Karis, Brayden and Lucy's first time to eat there and they all loved it.  Normally Uncle Matt would have gone with us to celebrate (he and Karis share a bday) but he was out of town.  

The birthday folks...
(Pop-58, Karis-9)

Lolli and Lucy

Karis gives TdeB a big thumbs up!

My boys!

These two have such a sweet, special bond.  You can tell by the looks on their faces....and I LOVE it. :)

Me and my birthday girl!

My sweet family (and Lucy hammin' it up!)...


Me and my bro Allen...

My and my sweet daddy on his 58th birthday!

They even got a complimentary dessert!

The morning of Karis' birthday, we took her horseback riding which is something she has wanted to do for a while now.  She LOVES horses.  It was her first time and she really enjoyed it.  It was fun for Jay and I seeing her so excited!

This is the lake that Jay and I brought our envelope from the 20 week ultrasound with Karis to find out if she was a boy or a girl.  It was neat to take her here and tell her the story!














After horseback riding, we took her to lunch (her choice) and she picked Subway and then we went to Sonic for milkshakes.


Then that night, we picked up a few of her friends and we took them to the park to play and to eat pizza, then to the drive-in!  

Brayden got to bring Eli...


Karis' friends Precious, Kathryn and Mari-Morgan...


Brayden and his BFF Eli...







I haven't been to the drive-in in years and it was fun to take the kids for the first time.  We saw "Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs 2" and "Planes."  



The next morning we did sugar cookies (Karis' choice... she doesn't like cake/cupcakes)...




Happy 9th birthday sweet girl!  We love you so much and are honored to be your parents.  You are such a joy to be around!

No comments:

Post a Comment