Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Treasures

As my friend Lindsey says, "The Lord spanked my tail". The past couple of days have been very "dry" in my time with the Lord and it is really frustrating me. I have been consistent in spending time with Him even though I feel emotionless and know that it is just part of my walk. Things can't always be on a high, that is not reality. I haven't experience this in a while, actually, lately my times with the Lord have been incredible and I have desired him more than anything. But the Lord is trying to teach me something and I am slowly figuring out what that is. It seems as though I have failed and the Lord was sure to remind me of that this morning. My goal is to never spend more time watching TV than I have spent in the WORD that day but yesterday, I failed. Why do I even care about the tube, nothing about it is eternal! I somehow felt that I deserved a "break" from the routine and to relax. So instead of spending time in the word (I was home alone last night and how often does that happen?) I caught up on some shows. And of course in the gentle little way that the Lord likes to remind us of His truths, he did just that this morning. I was reading out of John 14 and he states, "If you love me, you will obey my commands." Do I love him? OF COURSE! Then why can't I be obedient to what He has called me to and convicted me of? I am so tired of being less than I need to be for Him. Then I was reading in the Daily Light and read for yourself...

19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust [1] destroy and where thieves break in and steal, 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Where are my treasures? And am I building them here on earth or in Heaven? Oh Lord that you would fill me with you and that I wouldn't desire the things of this world! As my dear friend Amber said the day before her death.... "When will I shake this sin?!"




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your spiritual honesty, Amanda. It's nice to get encouragement from what I've read on your blog and also to know I'm not alone when I feel "dry" in my quiet times! Enjoying the pictures, too!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete